gallery > Autox 02/24/19
Where'd you race today?
(3) of the local RS owners decided to go autocrossing at the Lamar Dixon Facility in Gonzales, LA today.
I arrived at the Lamar Dixon Facility around 8:15am. Once I got registered and passed tech, I swapped the OE Forged wheels + Michelin Pilot Super Sports for my 18x9 Enkei RPF1 wheels + 275/35/18 Hoosier A7 tires. As usual for me, I worked in the morning and got to run in the afternoon shift after lunch. (2) of us RS owners ran in the Street Mod (SM) class, and (1) ran in D Street (DS). I rode along with Chris in SM twice, and I got to watch Michael's runs in the morning session while working.
We all got (7) runs today. I love Cenla SCCA! Weather was perfect again, low 70s and clear skies. The wind gusted at times, so even with sunscreen our faces were chapped. A Miata owner designed the course, and he put not (1) but (4) slaloms in it! I'm allergic to slaloms, and I thought I'd need an EpiPen by the time I crossed through the finish. I guess I'm getting better at them based on the results. :)
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, run results, overall standings, and car setup. I took 1st in the SM category by 0.473 seconds ahead of Chris in his RS (full suspension, new RE-71s, and self-tuned mad power/torque). Out of 66 drivers I had FTD (Fastest Time of the Day) by 0.429 seconds!
Notes for my 44.943 run:
All racers got 7 runs.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. 275/35/18 Hoosier A7 tires. Hot pressures = 40 psi front, 24 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
4. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
5. 7/8 full tank of 93 octane from Walmart.
6. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
7. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
8. Estimated vehicle race weight 3190 lb.
9. Odometer passed 48xx miles today.
10. Total runs on the Hoosier A7's so far: (57).