gallery > Autox 09/27/20
Where'd you race today?
I decided to go autocrossing at the Joint Emergency Services Training Center (JESTC) in Zachary, LA today.
I trailered my RS again to this event. This keeps the miles off the RS and eliminates the need to swap from street wheels/tires to my autox setup. I arrived at JESTC around 7:45am. I then registered and passed tech. Cenla SCCA split up the runs into (2) heats. I worked first, then I got (3) runs. We all took a 45 minute lunch. Then I worked and ran my final (3) runs to complete the day. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class.
Weather started with a 68F sunny morning, peaked with a high of 88F. Minimal cloud cover.
Click on the pictures below to see the raw results, and run results. I took 1st in the SM category by 1.643 seconds. Out of 56 drivers I was 3rd fastest in Raw time.
Notes for my 46.348 run:
All racers got 6 runs. My 4th run was my quickest.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 5000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
4. Programming = RDU module programmed to T5 (+12.5% overall torque increase), ABS module programmed with Soft Drift to eliminate Ford's Brake Assist.
5. 275/35/R18 Bridgestone RE-71R tires. Final hot pressures = 34 psi front, 21 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
6. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
7. Just below 1/2 tank of 93 octane from Walmart/Race Trac.
8. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
9. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
10. Estimated vehicle race weight 3180 lb.
11. Odometer passed 5960 miles today.
12. Total runs on the Bridgestone RE-71R tires so far: (53).