gallery > Autox 06/08/19
Where'd you race today?
I decided to go autocrossing at NOLA Motorsports Park in New Orleans, LA today.
I arrived at NOLA Motorsports Park around 8:15am. Once I got registered and passed tech, I swapped the OE Forged wheels + Michelin Pilot Super Sports for my 18x9 Enkei RPF1 wheels + 275/35/R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R tires. As usual, I got to work first. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class again.
Weather was hot all day long with a few sprinkles of rain in the afternoon. The rain was not enough to cool us off or be noticed on the track surface. All racers got (6) runs. I worked first and ran all (6) of my runs after lunch. My instrument cluster indicated 90-91F ambient temperature during my runs.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, and run results. I took 1st in the SM category by 1.139 seconds. Out of 44 drivers I placed 2nd overall 0.049 seconds behind FTD.
Notes for my 27.397 run:
All racers got 6 runs. My 4th run was my quickest.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. 275/35/R18 Bridgestone RE-71R tires. Final hot pressures = 33 psi front, 20 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
4. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
5. Full tank of 93 octane from Walmart with an Exxon top off in New Orleans.
6. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
7. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
8. Estimated vehicle race weight 3195 lb.
9. Odometer passed 5100 miles today.
10. Total runs on the Bridgestone RE-71R tires so far: (12).