modifications > Mountune TRV
Why did you put the Mountune TRV on your RS?
The factory RS turbo re-circulating valve (TRV) is a diaphragm-type design recirculation valve that is really not designed for higher boost pressure than stock. If your RS has been tuned
then you definitely need to replace the TRV with one from the aftermarket. I chose a full recirculation type from Mountune. You can opt for a 50/50 recirculation or something more
Fast & Furious if you want. Not me.
The Mountune TRV is machined from solid aluminum and has a piston-type design. Much stronger than the OE diaphragm.
- Mountune Upgrated Air Re-Circulation Valve (TRV)
- 1/4" drive ratchet, a few extensions, sockets (T30)
- Flat-head screwdriver or Chingadera to remove (4) of the push pins on the RS undertray
- Long needle nose pliers for removing/reinstalling the vacuum hose clamp
- 9,000 lb 4-post lift (optional, but highly recommended!)
*A friend for moral support is always optional.
*Pandora set to "Tool" for tunes.
1. About 15 minute install. I took my time because of taking pictures for this website.
2. Undertray has to come off. :) View my ETS FMIC modification page on a few pics of the undertray for reference.
3. I recommend doing this swap on a cold engine/exhaust. Otherwise you will get roasted a few times in cramp quarters around the bottom of the engine.
4. Mountune instructions are pretty good. If it doesn't fit don't force it.
5. No wiring plugs need to be disconnected for this swap.
6. This is my first RS modification installed on my new Bendpak HD-9XW lift!
7. Reversible back to stock.