gallery > Autox 12/15/19
Where'd you race today?
(4) of the local RS owners decided to go autocrossing at the Joint Emergency Services Training Center (JESTC) in Zachary, LA today.
I arrived at the JESTC around 7:40am. Once I got registered and passed tech, I walked the course a few times. I trailered my RS again with my tow rig to keep the miles down. Our local SCCA chapter splits up the runs into (2) heats. I worked first, then got (3) runs. We all took lunch. Then I worked and ran my final (3) runs. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class with another RS owner, and the other (2) RS owners ran in D Street (DS).
We all got (6) runs today. I love Cenla SCCA! Weather was beautiful but chilly in the morning, ending in high 70s and sunny skies in the afternoon. Continue to love the RE-71R tires.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, run results, overall standings, and car setup. I took 1st in the SM category by 0.347 seconds ahead of Chris in his RS (built engine, stage 3 head, bolt-on turbo, full suspension, RE-71s, and self-tuned mad power/torque). Out of 69 drivers I was 5th fastest in Raw time. Very close competition today.
Notes for my 34.551 run:
All racers got 6 runs.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. 275/35/R18 Bridgestone RE-71R tires. Final hot pressures = 34 psi front, 22 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
4. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
5. 3/8 tank of 93 octane from Walmart.
6. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
7. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
8. Estimated vehicle race weight 3200 lb.
9. Odometer passed 5580 miles today.
10. Total runs on the Bridgestone RE-71R tires so far: (91).