gallery > Autox 12/13/20
Where'd you race today?
I decided to go autocrossing at the Joint Emergency Services Training Center (JESTC) in Zachary, LA today.
I trailered my RS again to this event. This keeps the miles off the RS and eliminates the need to swap from street wheels/tires to my autox setup. I arrived at JESTC around 7:45am. I then registered and passed tech. Cenla SCCA split up the runs into (2) heats. I worked first, then I got (3) runs. No lunch (trying to beat the rain). Then I worked and ran my final (3) runs to complete the day. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class.
Weather started with a 54F overcast morning, peaked with a high of 72F. Heavy cloud cover off and on. A little bit of rain during my last run session.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, class results, and run results. Out of 42 drivers I was 2nd fastest in Raw time.
Notes for my 46.586 run:
All racers got 6 runs. My 6th run was my quickest. Hero lap was great, but not enough for FTD.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4500rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. Programming = RDU module programmed to T16 (LC 2x1300Nm, +12.5% overall torque increase), ABS module programmed with Soft Drift to eliminate Ford's Brake Assist.
4. 275/35/R18 Bridgestone RE-71R tires. Final hot pressures = 34 psi front, 21 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
5. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
6. Just below 1/2 tank of E29 Racetrac.
7. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
8. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
9. Estimated vehicle race weight 3190 lb.
10. Odometer passed 6142 miles today.
11. Total runs on the Bridgestone RE-71R tires so far: (88).