gallery > Autox 12/03/17
Where'd you race today?
(3) of the local RS owners decided to go autocrossing at the Lamar Dixon Facility in Gonzales, LA today.
We arrived at the Lamar Dixon Facility around 8:30am. Once I got registered and passed tech, I persuaded management to allow all (3) RS owners to work the course at Station #1 (far left of the map) before getting runs in. All (3) RS owners ran in the Street Mod (SM) class today. I didn't get to watch any of the other RS owners run because I was too busy prepping for each round!
I have no clue what happened with the timer on my 4th run. All (6) of my GoPro videos are 50 seconds or less. Where'd 72 seconds come from? No DNF. No spinouts. No cones. Chalk it up to technology. Or sabotage from a pissed off bird that tripped the start timer before I did.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, run results, and overall standings. I took the SM category by 1.158 seconds over the other (2) RS owners and the Roush Mustang (from 11/05/17). Not too shabby for stock suspension and tires. Still on the lookout for a full suspension and a set of lighter wheels and autox friendly tires!
Notes for my 48.442 run:
All racers got 6 runs. My 5th run was my quickest. That last (hero) lap didn't help at all. :)
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers.
3. OEM Pilot Super Sports. Hot pressures = 42 psi front, 34 psi rear.
4. 3/4 tank of 93 octane from Valero.
5. 175.80 lb of weight reduction.
6. Completely stock suspension.
7. Odometer passed 3100 miles today.