gallery > Autox 11/24/19
Where'd you race today?
(3) of the local RS owners decided to go autocrossing at the Lamar Dixon Facility in Gonzales, LA today.
I arrived at the Lamar Dixon Facility around 8:00am. Once I got registered and passed tech, I walked the course a few times. I drove to the event on my Enkei wheels with 275/35/R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R tires. Our local SCCA chapter splits up the runs into (2) heats. I got (3) runs then worked. We all took a 1 hour lunch. Then I ran my final (3) runs and worked to complete the day. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class with another RS owner, and the third RS owner ran in D Street (DS).
We all got (6) runs today. I love Cenla SCCA! Weather was 53F in the morning, ending at 61F as a high. Continue to love the RE-71R tires. Due to the short shutdown area I changed my exit through the finish on subsequent runs. I ran through the timer, but then braked in a straight line and made a 180 turn to the left. Much easier on the tires and nearby course workers.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, run results, overall standings, and car setup. I took 1st in the SM category by 1.163 seconds ahead of Chris in his RS (built engine, stage 3 head, bolt-on turbo, full suspension, RE-71s, and self-tuned mad power/torque). Out of 46 drivers I had FTD (Fastest Time of the Day) by 0.878 seconds. :)
Notes for my 45.990 run:
All racers got 6 runs.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. 275/35/R18 Bridgestone RE-71R tires. Final hot pressures = 34 psi front, 22 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
4. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
5. 3/8 tank of 93 octane from Walmart.
6. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
7. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
8. Estimated vehicle race weight 3200 lb.
9. Odometer passed 5560 miles today (live 10 miles from the track).
10. Total runs on the Bridgestone RE-71R tires so far: (79).
Head-to-Head comparison of me vs Chris in the other SM Focus RS (me on top).