gallery > Autox 10/27/19
Where'd you race today?
(3) of the local RS owners decided to go autocrossing at the Lamar Dixon Facility in Gonzales, LA today.
I arrived at the Lamar Dixon Facility around 7:30am. Once I got registered and passed tech, I walked the course a few times. I drove to the event on my Enkei wheels with 275/35/R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R tires. Our local SCCA chapter splits up the runs into (2) heats. I worked first, then got (3) runs. We all took lunch. Then I worked and ran my final (3) runs. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class with another RS owner, and the third RS owner ran in D Street (DS).
We all got (6) runs today. I love Cenla SCCA! Weather was beautiful but chilly in the morning, ending in high 60s and partly cloudy skies in the afternoon. Continue to love the RE-71R tires. About half track my RS started hopping a bit making the fast right hander before the carousel. A few others experienced it. I didn't bother adjusting the shocks, but I tried dropping the rear tire pressure by 0.5 psig. It didn't make a difference.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, run results, overall standings, and car setup. I took 1st in the SM category by 0.494 seconds ahead of Chris in his RS (built engine, stage 3 head, bolt-on turbo, full suspension, RE-71s, and self-tuned mad power/torque). Out of 39 drivers I had FTD (Fastest Time of the Day) by 0.494 seconds. :)
Notes for my 33.691 run:
All racers got 6 runs.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. 275/35/R18 Bridgestone RE-71R tires. Final hot pressures = 34 psi front, 22 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
4. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
5. 3/8 tank of 93 octane from Walmart.
6. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
7. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
8. Estimated vehicle race weight 3200 lb.
9. Odometer passed 5520 miles today (live 10 miles from the track).
10. On 10/26/19 after 51 runs to-date, I had the tires dismounted and flipped side to side. Outside edges became inside for longer tire life.
11. Total runs on the Bridgestone RE-71R tires so far: (57).