gallery > Autox 10/27/18
Where'd you race today?
(4) of the local RS owners decided to go autocrossing at the Lamar Dixon Facility in Gonzales, LA today.
I arrived at the Lamar Dixon Facility around 11:00am. Once I got registered and passed tech, I swapped the OE Forged wheels + Michelin Pilot Super Sports for my new 18x9 Enkei RPF1 wheels + 275/35/18 Hoosier A7 tires. As usual, I got to work the morning shift. Two of us RS owners ran in the Street Mod (SM) class again today, and (2) ran in the B Street (BS) class. I didn't get to watch much of the other RS owners racing due to the grid setup and trees in the way.
Cenla SCCA holds (2) day/night autocrosses per year. Racers got (4) runs in the daytime, and we returned after dark for another (4) runs. I love Cenla SCCA! Weather was beautiful all day, and not cold enough at night to lose much traction.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, run results, overall standings, and car setup. I took 1st in the SM category by 1.425 seconds ahead of Chris in his RS (full suspension, RE-71s, and self-tuned mad power/torque). Out of 53 drivers I placed 2nd overall behind a kart (2.902 behind FTD). Some drivers said I could still claim FTD, Fastest Time of a Doorslammer by 0.096 seconds. :)
Notes for my 34.250 run:
All racers got 8 runs. My 7th run (3rd at night) was my quickest. The last (hero) lap didn't help (car hiccuped running out of gas)!
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. 275/35/18 Hoosier A7 tires. Hot pressures = 36 psi front, 26 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
4. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
5. 1/4 tank of 93 octane from Walmart. Drove to the race with 1/2 tank.
6. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
7. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
8. Estimated vehicle race weight 3182 lb.
9. Odometer passed 4300 miles today.
10. Total runs on the Hoosier A7's so far: (21).