gallery > Autox 09/09/18
Where'd you race today?
(3) of the local RS owners decided to go autocrossing at the Lamar Dixon Facility in Gonzales, LA today.
I arrived at the Lamar Dixon Facility around 8:00am. Once I got registered and passed tech, I swapped the OE Forged wheels + Michelin Pilot Super Sports for my new 18x9 Enkei RPF1 wheels + 275/35/18 Hoosier A7 tires. As usual, I got to work the morning shift and run after lunch. Two of us RS owners ran in the Street Mod (SM) class again today, and (1) ran in the B Street (BS) class. I didn't get to watch much of Chris running in SM today due to the grid setup and trees in the way.
Most got (6) runs again, but I got 7 because of a re-run (timer error). I love Cenla SCCA! Weather was hot in the morning, and it misted rain for 30 mins or so before my 4th run. I was really worried about the potential for a wet course with my Hoosier slicks, but the minimal rain quickly dried out after we completed another session in the afternoon run group.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, run results, overall standings, and car setup. I took 1st in the SM category by 2.709 seconds ahead of Chris in his RS (full suspension, RE-71s, and self-tuned mad power/torque). Out of 47 drivers I placed 2nd (0.373 behind FTD). Not a bad day I'd say.
Notes for my 42.575 run:
All racers got 6 runs. I got 7 due to a re-run on 4th. My 7th run was my quickest. That last (hero) lap helped! :)
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. 275/35/18 Hoosier A7 tires. Hot pressures = 36 psi front, 30 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
4. My goal was to run the front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks. By mistake I set the front at 3 out of 18. D'oh!
5. 3/4 tank of 93 octane from Valero.
6. 270.66 lb of weight reduction.
7. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
8. Estimated vehicle race weight 3193 lb.
9. Odometer passed 4100 miles today.
10. Total runs on the Hoosier A7's so far: (7).