gallery > Autox 04/28/19
Where'd you race today?
(2) of the local RS owners decided to go autocrossing at the Lamar Dixon Facility in Gonzales, LA today.
I arrived at the Lamar Dixon Facility around 8:30am. Once I got registered and passed tech, I swapped the OE Forged wheels + Michelin Pilot Super Sports for my 18x9 Enkei RPF1 wheels + 275/35/18 Hoosier A7 tires. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class again today, and my buddy Michael ran in D Street (DS) again.
We all got (6) runs again, but I got (7) due to getting a red flag because another racer took out all of the finish cones and had to reset them. I love Cenla SCCA! Weather was pretty amazing. Cloudy in the morning. Sun broke and the high was in the low 80s.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, run results, and overall standings. I placed 7th overall in RAW time. I took 1st in the SM category by 0.004 seconds ahead of a modified Subaru STI. This will be the last event on my Hoosier A7 slicks. They are completely gone (corded).
Notes for my 36.503 run:
All racers got 6 runs. I got 7 because of a red flag. My 2nd run was my quickest.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. 275/35/18 Hoosier A7 tires. Hot pressures = 40 psi front, 24 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
4. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
5. 7/8 full tank of 93 octane from Walmart.
6. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
7. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
8. Estimated vehicle race weight 3190 lb.
9. Odometer passed 49xx miles today.
10. Final total runs on the Hoosier A7's before discarding them: (64).