gallery > Autox 02/28/21
Where'd you race today?
I decided to go autocrossing at the Lamar Dixon Facility in Gonzales, LA today.
I trailered my RS to this event. This keeps the miles off the RS and eliminates the need to swap from street wheels/tires to my autox setup. I arrived at the Lamar Dixon Facility around 6:00am to help with course setup. Once I got registered and passed tech, I walked the course a few times. Our local SCCA chapter splits up the runs into (2) heats. I got (3) runs then worked. No lunch due to 66 total racers and only (1) car out on course at a time due to course layout. Session B ran all (5) of their runs while I worked, then I ran my final (2) runs to complete the day. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class.
We all got (5) runs today. I love Cenla SCCA! Weather was a 68F cool morning, but opened up to a 83F sunny afternoon.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, class results, and run results. Out of 66 drivers I was 2nd fastest Raw time.
Notes for my 58.109 run:
All racers got 5 runs. My 3rd run was my quickest.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 5000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. Programming = RDU module programmed to T16 (LC 2x1300Nm, +12.5% overall torque increase), ABS module programmed with Soft Drift to eliminate Ford's Brake Assist.
4. 275/35/R18 Bridgestone RE-71R tires. Final hot pressures = 34 psi front, 24 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
5. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
6. 3/8 tank of E30 from Racetrac.
7. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
8. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
9. Estimated vehicle race weight = 3190 lb.
10. Odometer hit 6259 miles today.
11. Total runs on the Bridgestone RE-71R tires so far: (5).