modifications > Foam Delete
Why did you delete foam out of your RS?
The Focus RS is quite heavy for what it is. Every little bit of weight reduction helps unless you choose to add power/torque instead. I plan to keep doing both. :)
Weight reduction aids in performance. In drag racing for every 100 lbs removed your ET drops by 0.1 seconds. I will continue to race my RS more at local autocrosses and a few road course tracks, and removing this weight will help in quicker acceleration, shorter braking distance, and easier rotation for cornering.
- Sweet Tea (optional)
- Flat blade screwdriver for (6) bottom sideskirt clips & (1) front fenderwell clip (per side)
- Chingadera to remove (7) top sideskirt clips per side (not the push clip at each end)
*A friend for moral support is always optional.
1. Job takes about 2 hours or less. I took my time because of taking pictures for this website.
2. No wiring plugs need to be disconnected for this modification.
3. Demoed pieces include: (1) foam block from each sideskirt, (1) foam insert from each front fenderwell.
4. Reversible back to stock.
5. Total weight removed = 2.4 lb.