modifications > CNC Cable Bushings
Why did you install CNC Cable Bushings in your RS?
Most stock vehicles that are equipped with a manual transmission have a stock shifter with a long throw from gear to gear. The CNC Cable Bushings from Your Little CNC Shop reduce the slop in the factory RS shifter by replacing the transmission shifter bushings at the end of both cables.
- Your Little CNC Shop Focus RS cable bushing kit
- Sharpie to mark bushings after install
- Liquid Wrench Silicone Spray (optional but highly recommended to get the new cable bushing top halves in!)
- Sweet Tea (optional)
- 3/8" drive ratchet, 8mm hex socket
- 7mm nut driver to remove airbox hose
- Needle nose pliers to remove the fixed transmission cable end and airbox sensor harness clip
- Flat blade and Phillips screwdrivers to remove the (2) transmission shift cables
- Large crescent wrench or channel locks to tighten the CNC bushings
- Side cutters to remove the green transmission shift cable plastic cups from the factory RS bushings
*A friend for moral support is always optional.
*Pandora set to "Tool" for tunes.
1. Install takes about 30 mins or less. I took my time because of taking pictures for this website.
2. Visit my modification page for installing the lightweight battery to see how to remove the airbox to gain access for this transmission cable bushing install.
3. No more sloppy seconds! Shifter feels great after the JBR shifter, base bushings, cable bracket bushings, and finally CNC cable bushings!
4. Not reversible back to stock. Factory transmission cable bushings are destroyed in the process!
5. If you destroy the green plastic cups Ford only sells the entire cable assembly!