gallery > Autox 12/09/18
Where'd you race today?
I was the only RS owner that decided to go autocrossing at Baby Cakes Stadium in New Orleans, LA today.
I arrived at Babycakes Stadium around 8:00am. Once I got registered and passed tech, I swapped the OE Forged wheels + Michelin Pilot Super Sports for my 18x9 Enkei RPF1 wheels + 275/35/18 Hoosier A7 tires. As usual, I got to work the morning shift and run after lunch. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class again.
Weather was brutally cold (43-45F). My Hoosiers never warmed up at all. I tried warming them up on the drive back from lunch, and in between runs. Nothing helped.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, run results, and car setup. I took 1st in the SM category (only car). Out of 35 drivers I placed 4th overall. The top (2) drivers shared their Miata which helped to keep the tires warm. 3rd place is a great VW driver. My GoPro battery died after my 1st run, so I didn't get video of my best run. The video below is to show the course layout only. :)
Notes for my 47.736 run:
All racers got 6 runs. I got 7 runs due to a timer error. My 3rd run was my quickest.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. No launch control was used. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. 275/35/18 Hoosier A7 tires. Hot pressures = 40 psi front, 24 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
4. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
5. Full tank of 93 octane from Walmart.
6. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
7. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
8. Estimated vehicle race weight 3190 lb.
9. Odometer passed 4600 miles today.
10. Total runs on the Hoosier A7's so far: (50).