gallery > Autox 12/05/20
Where'd you race today?
I decided to go autocrossing at NOLA Motorsports Park in New Orleans, LA today.
I trailered my RS again to this event. This keeps the miles off the RS and eliminates the need to swap from street wheels/tires to my autox setup. I arrived at NOLA Motorsports Park around 7:45am. I then registered and passed tech. Delta SCCA split us into (2) groups. I got all (6) runs in my group and then we broke for lunch. I completed the day by working for the second group. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class.
Weather started with a chilly 50F morning, peaked with a high of 57F. Cloud cover all day. Everyone had problems keeping heat in their tires except for a few folks that had re-runs due to timing issues. I wasn't one of those lucky ones.
Click on the pictures below to see the raw results, and run results. Out of 50 drivers I had FTD (Fastest Time of the Day) by 0.704 seconds. :)
Notes for my 35.527 run:
All racers got 6 runs. My 6th run was my quickest. I guess that hero lap worked again. :)
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. Programming = RDU module programmed to T16 (LC 2x1300Nm, +12.5% overall torque increase), ABS module programmed with Soft Drift to eliminate Ford's Brake Assist.
4. 275/35/R18 Bridgestone RE-71R tires. Final hot pressures = 34 psi front, 20 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
5. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
6. 1/2 tank of E29 (Racetrac + Walmart).
7. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
8. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
9. Estimated vehicle race weight = 3200 lb.
10. Odometer passed 6127 miles today.
11. Total runs on the Bridgestone RE-71R tires so far: (82).