gallery > Autox 12/02/18
Where'd you race today?
(2) of the local RS owners decided to go autocrossing at the Lamar Dixon Facility in Gonzales, LA today.
I arrived at the Lamar Dixon Facility around 8:00am. Once I got registered and passed tech, I swapped the OE Forged wheels + Michelin Pilot Super Sports for my 18x9 Enkei RPF1 wheels + 275/35/18 Hoosier A7 tires. Unusual for me, I got to run in the morning shift and work after lunch. Both of us RS owners ran in the Street Mod (SM) class again. I got to watch the majority of Chris running in SM today because he was directly in front of me in grid.
We all got (7) runs today. I love Cenla SCCA! Weather was perfect again, mid 70s and clear skies.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, run results, overall standings, and car setup. I took 1st in the SM category by 1.204 seconds ahead of Chris in his RS (full suspension, RE-71s, and self-tuned mad power/torque). Out of 46 drivers I placed 3rd.
Notes for my 36.521 run:
All racers got 7 runs.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. 275/35/18 Hoosier A7 tires. Hot pressures = 36 psi front, 24 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
4. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
5. 7/8 full tank of 93 octane from Walmart.
6. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
7. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
8. Estimated vehicle race weight 3190 lb.
9. Odometer passed 45xx miles today.
10. Total runs on the Hoosier A7's so far: (43).