gallery > Autox 11/16/19
Where'd you race today?
I decided to go autocrossing at the Ike Hamilton Expo Center in West Monroe, LA for a 2-day weekend event. Today was my second time to race at this venue.
I trailered my RS to this event. This keeps the miles off the RS and eliminates the need to swap from street wheels/tires to my autox setup. I stayed at a nearby hotel, so I arrived at the Ike Hamilton Expo Center around 7:30am. My 2017 F150 FX4 trip computer said I got 12.6 mpg after I corrected the speedometer with a Superchips FlashCal. Still pretty decent for all of the hills. I got registered and passed tech. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class again.
Track was dry but covered with sand & grit in places. Not a great venue, but it teaches car control due to sliding. Temps started at 34F in the morning and peaked at 58F. All racers got (8) runs broken up into (2) 4-run heats while working in between. I got to run first. No lunch break.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, summary, and run results. I took a friend and then his son as passengers on runs 6 and 7 respectively. I took 1st in the SM category by 4.418 seconds. Out of 20 drivers I came in 2nd place by 0.353 seconds.
Notes for my 41.108 run:
All racers got 8 runs. My 8th run was my quickest.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. 275/35/R18 Bridgestone RE-71R tires. Final hot pressures = 34 psi front, 22 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
4. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
5. 3/8 tank of 93 octane from Walmart.
6. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
7. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
8. Estimated vehicle race weight 3200 lb.
9. Odometer passed 5540 miles today.
10. Total runs on the Bridgestone RE-71R tires so far: (65).