gallery > Autox 11/07/21
I decided to go autocrossing at NOLA Motorsports Park in New Orleans, LA today.
I trailered my RS again to this event. This keeps the miles off the RS and eliminates the need to swap from street wheels/tires to my autox setup. I arrived at NOLA Motorsports Park around 8:00am. I then registered and passed tech. Delta SCCA split up the runs into (2) heats. I got (3) runs then worked. We all took an hour lunch. Then I ran my final (3) runs and worked to complete the day. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class.
Weather started with 55F in the morning, peaked with a high of 64F.
Click on the pictures below to see the raw results, and run results. Out of 46 drivers I was 2nd fastest Raw time just 0.024 seconds behind FTD!
Notes for my 39.572 run:
All racers got 6 runs. My 6th run was my quickest. Hero run almost worked!
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 5000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. Programming = RDU module programmed to Stock, ABS module programmed with Soft Drift to eliminate Ford's Brake Assist.
4. 275/35/R18 Bridgestone RE-71R tires. Final hot pressures = 34 psi front, 20 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
5. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
6. Full tank of E30 from Racetrac.
7. 312.04 lb of weight reduction.
8. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
9. Estimated vehicle race weight 3210 lb.
10. Odometer passed 6668 miles today.
11. Total runs on the Bridgestone RE-71R tires so far: (57).