gallery > Autox 11/04/18
Where'd you race today?
(2) of the local RS owners decided to go autocrossing at NOLA Motorsports Park in New Orleans, LA today.
I arrived at NOLA Motorsports Park around 7:45am. Once I got registered and passed tech, I swapped the OE Forged wheels + Michelin Pilot Super Sports for my 18x9 Enkei RPF1 wheels + 275/35/18 Hoosier A7 tires. As usual, I got to work first. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class again, and the other RS owner ran in the B Street Prepared (BSP) class. I got to watch all of Matt's runs because I worked when he raced.
This was my first ever autocross at NOLA Motorsports Park. Weather started off with a light shower in the morning. All racers ran (3) times in the morning which helped dry the track out. Majority of the racers ran their fastest time their 4th run (1st in the afternoon), including me. After the race we got to have fun runs, and I participated in (3). I brought Matt, the other RS owner, for the first run, a VW GTI owner for the second run, and tried for a hero lap on the last run. Still couldn't best my 4th run.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, run results, and car setup. I took 1st in the SM category. Out of 30 drivers I placed 2nd overall 0.204 seconds behind FTD.
Notes for my 42.050 run:
All racers got 6 runs. My 4th run was my quickest.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. 275/35/18 Hoosier A7 tires. Hot pressures = 34 psi front, 24 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
4. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
5. Full tank of 93 octane from Walmart.
6. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
7. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
8. Estimated vehicle race weight 3195 lb.
9. Odometer passed 4400 miles today.
10. Total runs on the Hoosier A7's so far: (30).