gallery > Autox 10/21/18
Where'd you race today?
(2) of the local RS owners decided to go autocrossing at the Baby Cakes Stadium in New Orleans, LA today. Baby Cakes is a minor league baseball team in New Orleans.
I arrived at the Baby Cakes Stadium around 8:00am. Once I got registered and passed tech, I swapped the OE Forged wheels + Michelin Pilot Super Sports for my new 18x9 Enkei RPF1 wheels + 275/35/18 Hoosier A7 tires. As usual, I got to work the morning shift and run after lunch. I was the only entry in the Street Mod (SM) class, and the other RS owner ran in the B Street Prepared (BSP) class. I didn't get to watch much of Matt running in BSP today due to the grid setup and trees in the way.
We all got (6) runs today, but a few got a re-run due to a timer error. Weather was cool in the morning. Some standing water was on the track, but the morning racers cleared it for us. :) Course was somewhat slippery with small pebbles and sand.
The actual course had a few tweaks after the maps were handed out, but I walked the course at least (3) times. Before you look at the results, I will tell you that I got a DNF (Did Not Finish) on my first (3) runs due to a consistant bonehead move of missing the 4th cone in the transition slalom. Even the course designer got a DNF on at least (1) of his runs! On my 4th run I had a Delta SCCA instructor ride with me and show me my error. The Cenla SCCA Regional Executive told me where I goofed just before my 4th run, but I couldn't ditch my passenger at the last minute. I ran faster anyway.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, run results, and car setup. Out of 38 drivers I had the fastest time of the day by 0.043 seconds!
Notes for my 42.368 run:
All racers got 6 runs. My 6th run was my quickest. That last (hero) lap helped! :)
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. 275/35/18 Hoosier A7 tires. Hot pressures = 36 psi front, 30 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
4. Front MCS shocks were at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
5. 1/2 tank of 93 octane from Valero.
6. 270.66 lb of weight reduction.
7. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
8. Estimated vehicle race weight 3182 lb.
9. Odometer passed 4200 miles today.
10. Total runs on the Hoosier A7's so far: (13).