gallery > Autox 10/18/20
Where'd you race today?
I decided to go autocrossing at NOLA Motorsports Park in New Orleans, LA today.
I trailered my RS again to this event. This keeps the miles off the RS and eliminates the need to swap from street wheels/tires to my autox setup. I arrived at NOLA Motorsports Park around 7:30am. I then registered and passed tech. Delta SCCA split up the runs into (2) heats. Today I was Site Safety Steward. I worked first, then I got (3) runs. We all took a 45 minute lunch. Then I worked and ran my final (3) runs to complete the day. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class.
Weather started with a 68F sunny morning, peaked with a high of 83F. Minimal cloud cover.
Click on the pictures below to see the raw results, and run results. I was the only SM class entrant. Out of 40 drivers I had FTD (Fastest Time of the Day) by 0.554 seconds. :)
Notes for my 38.528 run:
All racers got 6 runs. My 6th run was my quickest. The hero lap worked!
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 5000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. Programming = RDU module programmed to T5 (+12.5% overall torque increase), ABS module programmed with Soft Drift to eliminate Ford's Brake Assist.
4. 275/35/R18 Bridgestone RE-71R tires. Final hot pressures = 34 psi front, 21 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
5. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
6. 7/8 tank of E29 (Racetrac + Walmart).
7. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
8. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
9. Estimated vehicle race weight = 3240 lb.
10. Odometer passed 6027 miles today.
11. Total runs on the Bridgestone RE-71R tires so far: (59).