gallery > Autox 10/13/19
Where'd you race today?
I decided to go autocrossing at NOLA Motorsports Park in New Orleans, LA today. This is the second day of a 2-day weekend event, Delta vs The World. In 2018 I was part of the Cenla SCCA group that won the title for our chapter. The top (5) PAX times for each chapter are added together. If I remember correctly, Cenla won by a few thousandths. Although I never PAX well in SM, I helped us win the trophy last year. We did not win this event.
I trailered my RS again to this event. This keeps the miles off the RS and eliminates the need to swap from street wheels/tires to my autox setup. I arrived at NOLA Motorsports Park around 7:30am. Once I got registered and passed tech. As usual, I got to work first. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class again.
Weather was a nice 70F sunny morning, but opened up to a hot high 80s sunny afternoon. All racers got (6) runs broken up into a 3-run heat before lunch and a 3-run heat after lunch. This was the first autox in a LONG time that I actually got into 3rd gear (just before the finish).
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, and run results. I took 1st in the SM category by 2.612 seconds. Out of 46 drivers I placed 2nd overall behind one of the (2) FSAE cars from LSU (3.580 seconds behind FTD). Some drivers said I could still claim FTD, Fastest Time of a Doorslammer. :)
Notes for my 44.024 run:
All racers got 6 runs. My 5th run was my quickest.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. 275/35/R18 Bridgestone RE-71R tires. Final hot pressures = 34 psi front, 22 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
4. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
5. 1/2 tank of 93 octane from Walmart.
6. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
7. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
8. Estimated vehicle race weight 3200 lb.
9. Odometer passed 5488 miles today.
10. Total runs on the Bridgestone RE-71R tires so far: (43).