gallery > Autox 07/21/19
Where'd you race today?
I decided to go autocrossing at Cajun Field in Lafayette, LA today.
I arrived at Cajun Field around 7:45am. I swapped the OE Forged wheels + Michelin Pilot Super Sports for my 18x9 Enkei RPF1 wheels + 275/35/R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R tires. I then got registered and passed through a quick tech line. This particular event had 98 competitors, so we were split into (3) heats. I got to sit out the 1st heat, then race, then work. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class again.
Weather was hot all day long with a few sprinkles of rain in the last afternoon heat (while I worked). The rain was not enough to cool us off or be noticed on the track surface. All racers got (5) runs. No lunch break. I got (7) runs because I stopped to point a cone was down (from a previous competitor) on my 1st run, then the timer had an error on my 3rd run. My 5th run was my quickest.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, and class results. I took 1st in the SM category by 0.729 seconds. Out of 98 drivers I placed 5th overall 2.363 seconds behind FTD (kart).
Notes for my 46.499 run:
All racers got 5 runs. I got 7 due to a cone down and a timer error. My 5th run was my quickest.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. 275/35/R18 Bridgestone RE-71R tires. Final hot pressures = 33 psi front, 20 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
4. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
5. Full tank of 93 octane from Walmart with a Chevron top off in Lafayette.
6. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
7. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
8. Estimated vehicle race weight 3195 lb.
9. Odometer passed 5200 miles today.
10. Total runs on the Bridgestone RE-71R tires so far: (19).