gallery > Autox 07/19/20
Where'd you race today?
I decided to go autocrossing at Burton Coliseum in Lake Charles, LA today.
I trailered my RS again to this event. This keeps the miles off the RS and eliminates the need to swap from street wheels/tires to my autox setup. I arrived at Burton Coliseum around 7:45am. I then registered and passed tech. Sowela SCCA split up the runs into (2) heats. I worked and then I ran my first (3) runs. No lunch break. Worked again, then I ran my final (3) runs to complete the day. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class.
Weather was a nice 75F sunny morning, and opened up to a 93F sunny afternoon. Windy off and on.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, and run results. I was all by myself in SM. Out of 37 drivers I came out with 4th place in raw times 1.095 seconds behind FTD (a Kart), another Kart, and a Piper FF open wheel racer. Some drivers said I could still claim FTD, Fastest Time of a Doorslammer. :)
Notes for my 50.423 run:
All racers got 6 runs. My 2nd run was my quickest.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. 275/35/R18 Bridgestone RE-71R tires. Final hot pressures = 34 psi front, 20 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
4. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
5. Just below 1/4 tank of 93 octane from Walmart.
6. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
7. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
8. Estimated vehicle race weight 3180 lb.
9. Odometer passed 5850 miles today.
10. Total runs on the Bridgestone RE-71R tires so far: (41).