gallery > Autox 06/27/21
Where'd you race today?
I decided to go autocrossing at Cajun Field in Lafayette, LA today.
I trailered my RS again to this event. This keeps the miles off the RS and eliminates the need to swap from street wheels/tires to my autox setup. I arrived at Cajun Field around 7:45am. I then got registered and passed through a quick tech line. This particular event had 114 competitors, so we were split into (3) heats. I got to run in the 1st heat, then work, then sit out the last heat. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class again.
Weather was hot all day long with rain off and on in the afternoon (while I worked). The rain was not enough to cool us off or be noticed on the track surface. All racers got (4) runs. No lunch break. My 4th run was my quickest.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, and class results. I took 1st in the SM category by 5.248 seconds. Out of 114 drivers I placed 8th overall.
Notes for my 46.088 run:
All racers got 4 runs. My 4th run was my quickest. Hero run helped, but not enough.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control was not used (rolling 90 degree start). ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. 275/35/R18 Bridgestone RE-71R tires. Final hot pressures = 34 psi front, 20 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
4. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
5. 1/2 tank of E30 from Racetrac.
6. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
7. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
8. Estimated vehicle race weight 3190 lb.
9. Odometer passed 6571 miles today.
10. Total runs on the Bridgestone RE-71R tires so far: (39).