gallery > Autox 06/14/20
Where'd you race today?
(2) of the local RS owners decided to go autocrossing at Burton Coliseum in Lake Charles, LA today.
I trailered my RS again to this event. This keeps the miles off the RS and eliminates the need to swap from street wheels/tires to my autox setup. I arrived at Burton Coliseum around 7:30am. I then registered and passed tech. Sowela SCCA split up the runs into (2) heats. I worked as Deputy Site Safety Steward (SSS) and then I ran my first (3) runs. No lunch break. Worked again, then I ran my final (2) runs to complete the day. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class, but was later bumped to SSM.
Weather was a nice 72F sunny morning, and opened up to a 91F sunny afternoon. Windy off and on.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, and run results. I was all by myself in SM, so I got bumped to SSM and took 1st place by 7.011 seconds. Out of 69 drivers I came out with 3rd place in raw times 1.922 seconds behind FTD (a Piper FF open wheel racer) and a Kart. Some drivers said I could still claim FTD, Fastest Time of a Doorslammer. :)
Notes for my 50.899 run:
All racers got 5 runs. My 3rd run was my quickest.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. 275/35/R18 Bridgestone RE-71R tires. Final hot pressures = 34 psi front, 24 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
4. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
5. 1/4 tank of 93 octane from Walmart.
6. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
7. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
8. Estimated vehicle race weight 3190 lb.
9. Odometer passed 5784 miles today.
10. Total runs on the Bridgestone RE-71R tires so far: (23).