gallery > Autox 05/26/19
Where'd you race today?
(2) of the local RS owners decided to go autocrossing at the Lamar Dixon Facility in Gonzales, LA today.
I arrived at the Lamar Dixon Facility around 8:00am. Once I got registered and passed tech, I walked the course a few times. I drove to the event on my Enkei wheels with newly installed 275/35/R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R tires. Our local SCCA chapter now splits up the runs into (2) heats. I worked first, then got (3) runs. We all took lunch. Then I worked and ran my final (3) runs. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class, and the other RS owner ran in D Street (DS). I didn't get a chance to ride with anyone today, but I took a newbie along with me on run #5. He loved it!
We all got (6) runs today. I love Cenla SCCA! Weather was beautiful but hot, low 90s and clear skies. The wind blew a few times today. :) A Corvette owner designed the course, so it was a bit more open and flowing. I could really feel the RDU rotating my RS while giving it the beans at WOT. Absolutely love the new RE-71R tires. Although I didn't bring a Pyrometer, I did continue to adjust the tire pressures after each run based on tire wear to the shoulder edge. Make sure to click on the pictures below and watch the video as well for the crossover jump about mid-track.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, run results, overall standings, and car setup. I took 1st in the SM category by 2.456 seconds ahead of Taylor in his built 2007 Subaru STI. Out of 49 drivers I came in second place by 0.695 seconds.
Notes for my 41.537 run:
All racers got 6 runs.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. 275/35/R18 Bridgestone RE-71R tires. Final hot pressures = 34 psi front, 26 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
4. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
5. 7/8 full tank of 93 octane from Walmart.
6. 274.03 lb of weight reduction. (RE-71R tires are heavier than the previous Hoosier A7)
7. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
8. Estimated vehicle race weight 3190 lb.
9. Odometer passed 5000 miles today.
10. Total runs on the Bridgestone RE-71R tires so far: (6).