gallery > Autox 04/25/21
Where'd you race today?
I decided to go autocrossing at the Joint Emergency Services Training Center (JESTC) in Zachary, LA today.
I trailered my RS again to this event. This keeps the miles off the RS and eliminates the need to swap from street wheels/tires to my autox setup. I arrived at JESTC around 8:00am. I then registered and passed tech. Cenla SCCA split up the runs into (2) heats. I ran first. For the most part I no longer work the course since I am a Cenla SCCA board member, but I help set up each course the day before, set up timing/scoring the day of, and take everything down after the event. We had a 1 hour lunch break. I ran my final (3) runs and then watched the final heat. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class.
Weather started with a 59F sunny morning, peaked with a high of 80F. It was sunny all day.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, class results, and run results. Out of 69 drivers I was 4th fastest in Raw time.
Notes for my 39.406 run:
All racers got 6 runs. My 4th run was my quickest. Hero lap was dirty and slow.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 5000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. Programming = RDU module programmed to Stock, ABS module programmed with Soft Drift to eliminate Ford's Brake Assist.
4. 275/35/R18 Bridgestone RE-71R tires. Final hot pressures = 34 psi front, 20 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
5. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
6. 7/8 tank of E30 from Racetrac.
7. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
8. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
9. Estimated vehicle race weight 3240 lb.
10. Odometer passed 6449 miles today.
11. Total runs on the Bridgestone RE-71R tires so far: (23).