gallery > Autox 03/08/20
Where'd you race today?
(2) of the local RS owners decided to go autocrossing at NOLA Motorsports Park in New Orleans, LA today.
I trailered my RS again to this event. This keeps the miles off the RS and eliminates the need to swap from street wheels/tires to my autox setup. I arrived at NOLA Motorsports Park around 8:00am. I then registered and passed tech. Delta SCCA split up the runs into (2) heats. I got (3) runs then worked. We all took a 30 minute lunch. Then I ran my final (3) runs and worked to complete the day. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class with another RS owner.
Weather was a nice 55F sunny morning, and opened up to a 71F sunny afternoon. Windy off and on.
Click on the pictures below to see the raw results, and run results. There was no map today because this event followed a Starting Line Autocross School. I took 1st in the SM category by 0.462 seconds ahead of Chris in his RS (built engine, stage 3 head, bolt-on turbo, full suspension, RE-71s, and self-tuned mad power/torque). Out of 55 drivers I had FTD (Fastest Time of the Day) by 0.462 seconds. :)
Notes for my 50.160 run:
All racers got 6 runs. My 5th run was my quickest.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. 275/35/R18 Bridgestone RE-71R tires. Final hot pressures = 34 psi front, 20 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
4. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
5. Just below 1/2 tank of 93 octane from Walmart.
6. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
7. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
8. Estimated vehicle race weight 3190 lb.
9. Odometer passed 5710 miles today.
10. Total runs on the Bridgestone RE-71R tires so far: (18).
Head-to-Head comparison of me vs Chris in the other SM Focus RS (me on top).