gallery > Autox 02/18/18
Where'd you race today?
(2) of the local RS owners decided to go autocrossing at the Lamar Dixon Facility in Gonzales, LA today.
I arrived at the Lamar Dixon Facility around 8:30am. Once I got registered and passed tech, I got to work the morning shift and run after lunch. Both of us RS owners ran in the Street Mod (SM) class again today. I didn't get to watch much of Chris's runs, but he was flying out there!
We all got (6) runs again. I love Cenla SCCA! Weather was pretty amazing. Cloudy in the morning. Sun broke and the high was in the low 80s.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, run results, and overall standings. I took 2nd in the SM category by 0.083 seconds behind Chris in his RS (full suspension, RE-71s, and self-tuned mad power/torque). Still on the lookout for a full suspension and a set of lighter wheels and autox friendly tires!
Notes for my 52.202 run:
All racers got 6 runs. My 6th run was my quickest. That last (hero) lap helped! :)
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers.
3. OEM Pilot Super Sports. Hot pressures = 42 psi front, 33 psi rear.
4. Full tank of 93 octane from Valero.
5. 220.66 lb of weight reduction.
6. Completely stock suspension.
7. Odometer passed 3200 miles today.